We had an excellent week at #Inbound12 in Boston (August 27-30)! HubSpot put on an awesome event featuring inspiring appearances by HubSpot co-founders Brian Halligan and Dharmesh Shah, best-selling authors David Meerman Scott, Susan Cain and Gary Vaynerchuk, SEO Moz CEO Rand Fishkin, inbound marketing evangelist Laura Fitton and musician Cyndi Lauper.
In addition to the keynote speakers, there were 60+ breakout sessions to choose from throughout the day. Attending a marketing conference is a great way to jumpstart and revive your marketing goals and agenda for your business. Just being there and sharing the halls with like-minded professionals and social media heavyweights is revitalizing and encouraging.
We highly recommend making the most of your experience at such an event by following these 7 marketing conference tips:
- Bring along your laptop or iPad and take great notes.
- Attend as many events as you can.
- Choose sessions that will expand your knowledge and increase your expertise.
- Drop in to all the extracurricular events and parties—you never know who you might meet and add to your network.
- But also, don’t be afraid to take a break when you need a breather to catch up on email or take a quick rest.
- Take advantage of the moment and tweet during the event—it’s a great way to deepen your involvement and meet new contacts.
- And, perhaps the most important: review your notes as soon as you can following the conference and make a to-do list of actionable items for your business applying the tips and tools you’ve learned.
Here are additional upcoming events you may want to attend:
- Inbound Marketing Summit, Boston. October 23-24, 2012.
- Content Marketing World Health Summit, Cleveland. November 7-8, 2012.
- Content Marketing World, New York. November 15, 2012.
- Inbound Marketing Summit, New York. February 2013.
- Content Marketing World, Sydney. March 4-6, 2013.
- Inbound Marketing Summit, San Francisco. June 2013.
- Inbound 2013, Boston. August 19-22, 2013.
Hopefully this article will spark you to attend a conference or two, get inspired and boost your business. Been to one a conference lately? Share your tips and experience in the comments section below. Know of a great conference we should check out and didn’t list? Share it with us in the comments below.
Post by Charissa Grandin